My Criterion Collection
My buddy, Frank, tagged me in this a few days ago. I’m just now getting around to it. Sorry.
1. How many Criterion Collection DVDs do you own and what are they?
I don’t own any… although I’m still in possession of Frank’s copy of Days of Heaven. I don’t have a lot of money to throw around at DVDs, especially ones as expensive as the Criterions.
2. Have you bought any Criterions without seeing them first?
No. See #1.
3. Name one film, just one that deserves to be a Criterion.
Broken Embraces. Or anything else by Almodovar. I don’t think any of his films are on Criterion.
Surprisingly, yes. When I first saw Hunger, I thought it was very much Criterion bait. It just seemed like the type of film they typically release.
5. Have you ever wondered why a film was a part of the Criterion Collection?
Kind of. I wonder why most of Wes Anderson’s movies are Criterion releases, but not The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think that’s his best movie.
6. Do you visit their website a lot?
Not really, I visit it every one in a while to check up on the upcoming releases.
7. Do you look forward to seeing the cover art for future releases?
It’s not something I keep track of, but I do enjoy most of their covers. They are much more tasteful and classy-looking than typical DVD covers. I feel like they do a better job of capturing the essence of the movie… much more-so than just a couple of floating heads of the movie’s stars.